Thursday, March 26, 2009

What have we gotten ourselves into?

This has been a busy month. It started off with being tested for gestational diabetes - I had to drink a sweet yucky drink and give blood. And, I failed!! This might have actually been the first test I have failed. Todd seems to think it was all the ice cream I have been eating. So, next I had to take the 2nd round (2nd chance test - before they diagnose you) where you have to sit in the lab for three hours and they take blood four times, UGH. Have I mentioned how much I hate giving blood? Well this time I passed, thank goodness. So, I have gone back to eating ice cream :).

Last weekend, Todd and I took our 2nd of two childbirth classes. This one covered everything about after the baby is born. We learned infant CPR, diapering (Todd is a pro - Ellwoods', you would be proud), swaddling, holding, etc. I can't tell you how overwhelmed I was. Yup, had a bit of a melt down when we got home. I think I decided that this motherhood thing is a little too scary.

Lastly, I have started getting some new fun sensations:

1. Heartburn
2. Swollen ankles and feet, or should I now just call them cankles?
3. Memory loss, I had heard this wouldn't start till after the baby came, but I always was ahead of the game!

2 comments:

  1. the class sounds really good! i skipped mine altogeher and still NEED to take a CPR refresher. you are going to do fine, both of you. i think your fears are healthy. they help you to prepare for what's ahead. it is scary. but your love for your daughter will take care of everything. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Todd is funny. :)

    ReplyDelete